AllScan Cf-252 Mineral
Mining & Processing
The AllScan CrossBelt PGNAA Analyser for Minerals continuously measures the concentration of individual chemical elements of interest in mineral ores, ore mixes, sinter raw mix and concentrates.
AllScan Minerals Analyser
AllScan is used in a wide range of minerals applications including:
- Monitoring of ROM streams including screening
- Stockyard QC Management, including sorting and blending
- Optimising at key quality locations in minerals processing plants
- Quality control in metals production, for example blast furnace sinter process
- Product grading at bulk terminals and ship load out
Typical elements measured include:
- Silver (Ag)
- Aluminium (Ag)
- Gold (Au)
- Calcium (Ca)
- Cadmium (Cd)
- Chlorine (Cl)
- Cobolt (Co)
- Chromium (Cr)
- Copper (Cu)
- Iron (Fe)
- Magnesium (Mn)
- Sodium (Na)
- Nickel (Ni)
- Phosperous (P)
- Sulphur (S)
- Silicon (Si)
- Titanium (Ti)
- Vanadium (V)
- Zinc (Z)
Customer defined ratio’s can also be reported, for example, Al:Si, Ca:Mg and Ni:Fe
Theory of Operation
At the heart of the AllScan is PGNAA – prompt gamma neutron activation analysis. Material on the conveyor is bombarded with neutrons emitted from radioactive isotope or a neutron accelerator (Ngen).
When neutrons collide with an element in the material, gamma rays are emitted with a specific energy unique to that element – in effect, creating chemical signature for that element. The greater the amount of an element in the material the greater the number of gamma rays emitted with the corresponding specific energy. By measuring the specific energy of the gamma rays that are emitted and the counts of gamma rays, an accurate analysis of the chemistry of the material is generated on a second-by-second basis.
AllScan – the New High-Performance Cross-Belt Elemental Analyser
The AllScan is a high-performance analyser developed with strong functionality, calibration simplicity and low cost of ownership in mind.
The Analyser features cutting-edge technology with real customer benefits. Unique to the AllScan, these technological advantages deliver an analyser with superior analytical performance that is significantly more practical to set up and calibrate and with the lowest cost of ownership available on the market.
- Revolutionary Dura-G™ Measurement technology – The Dura-G modelling and calculation concept is based on sophisticated algorithms that separate the effect of environment, belt load and profile variations on the measured spectra from the effect of elemental variation
- Unaffected by Chlorine & Steel cord belts – No limitations with PVC (Cl) or Fe in conveyor belt material. The Cl signal is removed prior to de-convoluting the spectra.
- No Air-conditioner!- Eliminates the need for air conditioning equipment for detectors and control equipment for the specified -20 to +50°C (14 – 122°F) operational temperature range
- Corrosion Free Materials – The AllScan is constructed from corrosion free materials including High Grade HDPE, high Grade Stainless Steel & IP67 Rated User-Interface.
- Hassle-free Installation of the Lightweight Construction – The typical weight of only 1400kg, the analyser is lighter than most other PGNAA Analysers, and bolts on to most conveyor structures without any alterations or foundations required.
- Clever Calibration Procedure – The Dura-G derived calibration concept is a significantly more robust calibration compared to traditional concepts, resulting in much less frequent or no recalibration. Reference calibration standards can be used for rapid analyser verification.
- State-of-the-art diagnostics and remote services include: On-board monitoring of detector and electronic status Web based connectivity to the AllScan support team for diagnostics and troubleshooting; Alternative 3G mobile data interface eliminating remote access IT security issue; Automatic generation of text messages (SMS) and emails with key status info and warning/alarm messages.