Mars & Tectron – Efficient Tramp Metal Detection and Removal Solutions for Conveyors
Real Time Instruments advanced conveyor belt metal detectors and removals provide a comprehensive solution for industries seeking to safeguard their operations and enhance productivity. With cutting-edge technology and precision engineering, our conveyor belt metal detectors excel at accurately Detecting and Removing Tramp Metal from Conveyors belts.
Our Mars & Tectron Tramp removal and detection is designed to minimise downtime and maximise efficiency. Our metal detectors offer robust performance and seamless integration into existing conveyor systems. Equipped with intelligent algorithms and customised settings, they can detect a wide range of metallic contaminants, including ferrous, non-ferrous, and stainless-steel metals.
RTI’s conveyor belt metal detectors are user-friendly, featuring intuitive interfaces and easy-to-navigate controls. They offer real-time monitoring, precise metal location identification, and automated rejection systems, streamlining operations and reducing manual interventions.
Detecting and Removing Tramp Metal from Conveyors
Typical examples of tramp metal include digger teeth, drill rods, crusher plates, bars, chains, nuts, and bolts. Conducting a thorough plant layout analysis helps identify critical machinery at risk from tramp metal, pinpointing potential locations where detection and removal solutions are required. Once the specific details of the application are known, it becomes possible to recommend an optimal solution for detecting and removing the tramp metal.
Tectron – Precise, Reliable, Easy to Operate Metal Detection Equipment
Tectron industrial metal detection equipment is specifically designed to safeguard downstream equipment against costly damage caused by tramp metal contamination. Our range of Tectron metal detectors can detect ferrous and non-ferrous metals, offering comprehensive protection.
We provide a diverse selection of metal detectors with different sensitivity levels to accommodate a wide range of applications. Additionally, we offer a comprehensive array of industrial metal detector parts and accessories. These include marking devices that allow for easy identification and removal of tramp metal and clip detectors that enable the passage of metallic belt clips and splices without triggering the metal detector.
Its user-friendly installation process sets our Tectron Metal Detection Equipment apart, eliminating the need for belt cutting and ensuring long-lasting performance even in the most demanding environments. With Tectron, you can know that our equipment will serve you reliably for years.
Mars -Metal Automated Removal System Tramp Metal Remover
The MARS is an advanced and durable machine designed to be mounted on the conveyor at virtually any location downstream from a metal detector. Its cutting-edge technology provides effective safeguarding against tramp metal in bulk materials.
Here’s how the MARS works:
When the metal detector detects tramp metal on the belt, it immediately sends a signal to the MARS. Upon reaching the MARS, the machine automatically lowers its angled plough blade, flattening the belt and diverting the metal and a small portion of the material away from the conveyor. Once the tramp metal is discharged, the MARS raises its plough blade, allowing normal material flow to resume. This entire process takes only seconds, ensuring minimal disruption to production.
The MARS surpasses magnet-based systems in performance. Unlike magnet-based systems, the MARS can effectively divert ferrous and non-ferrous metals, providing comprehensive protection. By reducing downtime caused by stoppages and repairs, the MARS increases daily tonnage and boosts profitability.
One of the remarkable advantages of the revolutionary MARS system is its speedy payback time. With its superior efficiency and effectiveness, the MARS offers an impressive return on investment, ensuring significant cost savings in a short period.
Benefits of the MARS
MARS (Metal Automated Removal System) offers a range of benefits for various industries:
- Enhanced Productivity: The MARS increases productivity by eliminating metal detector belt stops and equipment breakdowns caused by tramp metal. Avoiding just two belts prevents a day can save over two weeks of production annually, ensuring uninterrupted workflow and maintaining the efficiency of the entire plant.
- Increased Capacity: The MARS allows for more product output with reduced downtime and increased production time. This translates into higher sales and improved profitability, as the plant can meet market demands more effectively.
- Prolonged Asset Life: The MARS protects processing equipment, including belts and motors, from damage caused by tramp metal. Unlike magnets, it removes all types of metal, ensuring comprehensive protection. By preventing equipment damage, the MARS extends the operational lifespan of costly machinery.
- Reduced Maintenance Costs: Eliminating tramp metal-related breakdowns and repairs leads to cost savings. The MARS automatically removes all types of metal, eliminating the need for manual intervention and reducing the risk of human error. This lowers maintenance costs associated with labour, replacement parts, and auxiliary equipment.
- Improved Quality: Tramp metal can adversely impact the alignment and performance of processing equipment, resulting in inconsistent product quality and waste. The MARS automatically removes all types of metal, ensuring product consistency, tighter specifications, and reduced waste compared to magnets or metal detectors.
- Enhanced Service: By preventing equipment breakdowns, the MARS improves the reliability of the plant’s operations. Unscheduled downtime is minimised, enabling the plant to meet customer demands reliably.
- Improved Safety: Manual metal removal from conveyor belts can be hazardous, especially in adverse weather conditions. The MARS reduces the potential for employee injuries and addresses regulatory concerns about lock-out/tag-out procedures. Additionally, automatically removing tramp metal reduces the risks associated with repairing equipment damaged by metal contamination.
- Enhanced Plant Performance: The cumulative benefits of the MARS, including reduced costs, increased productivity, improved quality, and enhanced safety, contribute to overall plant performance. The cost savings directly impact the bottom line, boosting profitability for the plant.
Mars & Tectron offers a wide range of metal detection equipment catering to various industry segments.
- Cement Production
- Coal Mining
- Fossil Fueled Power Generation
- Mineral Mining
- Steel Production
Real Time Instruments Services
Commissioning & Calibration
Service & Support
Custom Design Solutions
Research & Development
Frequently Asked Questions
Will the MARS work on my conveyor?
The MARS is custom designed to fit all belt widths and speeds conveying any type of bulk material.
Will the MARS remove non‐ferrous metal?
Because the MARS works in conjunction with a metal detector, it can remove non‐ferrous and ferrous metals unlike the use of magnets or metal detectors alone.
Will the MARS remove clusters of tramp metal?
If a second piece of metal is detected close to the first piece or if a cluster of tramp metal is detected, the MARS controls will determine how long the blade must remain down in order to discharge ALL the metal from the belt.
How much material is discharged with the metal?
Because the MARS™ cycle takes only a few seconds, a minimum amount of material is discharged. For example, on a belt running 1,000 tons per hour, only about a half a ton of material is discharged per cycle.
Will the MARS damage the belt?
No. The MARS is custom designed to operate safely on all belt widths and speeds. The edge of the MARS™ plough blade is padded with industrial grade rubber. In addition, the MARS™ flattening/slider bed, which replaces the idler units and continuously supports the belt underneath the MARS™, is equipped with UHMW material.